Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Time acceptance

So on Thursday last week, I moved to the Swedish house, and although I
just live in the guest room for the first month, it feels so good,
after the room at the American house. It is not the thing that is
Swedish, it is only the fact that it is so calm and quite in the
house, and that the atmosphere is nice. It is only 36 persons
leaving here (compared with a couple of hundreds in the American
house), and after just some days in the house it feels I have better
contact with the people here than where I lived before, both the
Swedes and the others that live here (I was told that 40 percent in
the house are from Sweden).
Regarding small and big environment. I have thought a little bit about
what the size of the environment effect the accaptence of time you
have. When I was living in my home town Mora (13.000 inhabitans) I was
always counting to get to a place in 15 minutes. If it would take
more than 15 minutes to walk, I would take my bicycle instead. And if
it would take more than 15 minutes with the bicycle, I would go by car
instead. When I was living in Vienna, my time acceptence was instead
in the same way 25 minutes, whereas in Stockholm I am always counting
30 minutes where ever I am going. Here in Paris (which has 10 Million
inhabitants) I always counting in being around 45 minutes at the place
where I am going.
Another thing with time, it seems like it doesn't matter when I wake
up in the morning, or when I get on the comuter train. I always arrive
at work at 8.50 p.m. Time is strange!

No comments: