Friday, March 04, 2005

Paris Day 3 sun in the morning then even more snow in the afternoon.s

Paris in snow is like Slush Puppy – the flavoured ice drink that existed in the middle of the 80s – it maybe still exists? When the snow reach the ground it turns in to a mix of ice, snow, water, and dirt – not the best ice drink one can imagine.

The day went on without any dramatic happenings. Neither Laurence nor Cedric were at the job today. I started of researching the computer programme I am going to work on, until it stopped working anymore. So the rest of the day I read, some papers that I was given. During lunch I meet Adam and a Greek guy, who both have been working with Robust Optimization, as I will do. They both seem very nice. What I like best with France so far are the French people. All I meet so far has been very friendly, interested about me, helpful and they seem to funny to be with; making jokes with each other. The only problem is that they speak French with each other; however that’s understandable, and it also motivates me to learn more French.

No comments: