Saturday, March 05, 2005

Paris Day 4 – just a little snow – first day of the weekend

I tried to sleep quite long this morning. Unfortunately it did not work out. In the last complaint about noises I forgot to mention the neighbours. Although the walls seem to be made of concrete, I am sure they are just made of paper. You can hear load and clear right through them. With other words there is no problem to hear the alarm clock in the morning, even when you don’t want to hear it.

Since my arrival I couldn’t use internet yet (the former days’ reviews were uploaded just today). This ‘cause internet at work didn’t work yet, and in the dormitory it is just supported in the library, and their you got to have a wlan-card (a card for using wireless internet). So I went in to the city to buy the card. I found a fnac-store where I find one for roughly €50. I hope it was a good deal, since I don’t know what they otherwise costs.

Anyway, well at home, eager to install my new “access-point-to-the-world-product”, I discovered that I got the wrong installation cd!? I ignored the sign on the card, “install cd first”, attached the card to my laptop, but of course it didn’t work. So back to the city, entering fnac. At first the cashier told me to go to the computer department, the computer department asked me to go to the information desk, the information desk asked me to go to the retail desk, the retail desk ask me to go the the service office. At the service office I finally managed to get some help, although the service clerk did not believe for a long time. I get a refunding receipt for a new product from the service clerk, I went back to the computer department, got a new product, to the cashier and back home. And “voila”, it works! And here I am online on internet.

No comments: